Monday 25 April 2011

IAAT?

When I started sewing again last summer, I decided to take a quick look online for some free patterns.  I stumbled upon Elaine's Coffee Date Dress, which led me to Burdastyle, which opened up a whole world of sewing blogs that I never knew existed.  A great help when I can't figure something out, and a great inspiration  when I fear I'm straying into Becky Home-ec-y territory!

And now Katja from Of Dreams and Seams  has passed on Beangirl's cheeky IAAT award ;)  Am I?


1) What size shoe do you wear?  If you wear a size 7, can I borrow your shoes?
My left foot is around 7.5 and my right around 8, so shoes never fit properly.  The left shoe is always flopping off or the right is too tight, but at least they seem to have gone back to their normal size after the general body trauma that is pregnancy and childbirth.....

2) 30's or 60's?
Uh......'30s evening wear and '60s daywear.  

3)  Have you ever kissed someone you shouldn't have?
Like someone else's man (or woman)?  No, never.  How boring is that!

4) Have you ever been poisoned?  Was it by the girlfriend of the person you kissed??  That is awesomely "Knot's Landing".
I think I may have been.  It was almost 20 years ago in Hong Kong.  I brushed it off as some kind of shellfish poisoning or something, but looking back now as a wiser adult, I don't think shellfish poisoning makes everything go black and dizzy.  

5) Who's on your "Celebrity Free Pass" list?
Since we're playing with reality here, I say Leonard Cohen in 1967.  What?  I'm Canadian.  I'm "of a certain age".  I was a bookworm-ish teenager in the '80s. 'Nuff said.  
(Although now that I'm an exhausted mom of 2 pre-schoolers, I can't really imagine getting up enough energy to actually use the Free Pass.  There's a song by fellow Canadian Nancy White called "Leonard Cohen's Never Gonna Bring my Groceries In".  Google the lyrics:  that's me.)


or,


Since I'm taking a little trip back in time to the '80s tomorrow night by going to a Duran Duran concert with some other 40-something friends of mine, I'll take John Taylor.  But 1982 John Taylor, before the speedballs and what I imagine must have been the microbia of 100s of rabid groupies took their toll .....*shudder*....


I've got to go finish my '80s dress for the Sew Weekly Challenge, so it's ready for the concert tomorrow night, so I'll pass it on to some worthy bloggers when I get a chance.  

2 comments:

  1. well done you, You are all that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! You have totally deserved it, of course! You know Vicki, that is exactly how my sewing/blogging addiction started too. I think it's great to be able to turn a somewhat lonely hobby into such a great pool of sharing friends around the world.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...