Wednesday 8 January 2014

Top 5: Goals for the New Year


Top 5 Goals for the New Year

Get organized  
That includes organizing my time, my space and my mind.  I'd also really like to redo my blog, since it's just the original template I chose 3 years ago, and I haven't customized it in any way.  

And I should really add some twitter, Pinterest and subscribe-by-email buttons.  Done, although I need to figure out how to change the layout to be a bit more elegant.

And figure out how to do a bit of basic coding.  

Hmmm...this first goal seems to have turned into five.  

Typical.  

Reduce my mending & alteration pile
Do I really need to explain this one?  We all have that guilty pile.  



Purge unloved clothes
I actually tackled this one, and I have 3 bin bags in the trunk of my car that are full of clothes to donate!   It is always hardest to get rid of things that you've made, but I forced myself.  Now I just have to keep at it as the kids outgrow their clothes.

Make slopers  
While participating in The Sew Weekly over 2011-2012 was a great exercise to simply force me to tackle projects regularly, it didn't leave time for learning how to make muslins and alter patterns to fit my body.  I've finally recognized that besides altering for pear-shape, I should really be doing forward shoulder & narrow shoulder.  Trousers are still a mystery, but I should stop being intimidated and just jump in.  

Finally tackle those boring home sewing chores 
They have been ignored for..... *ahem*..... a while.  You know the ones: new cushion covers, curtain hemming, recovering the sofa.  

Yeah, those curtains aren't hemmed.


8 comments:

  1. Hey girl! You got curtains! I don't even have any!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sew in my front room that faces the main road in my town. If I didn't have curtains, I'd be flashing everybody while I sew ;)

      Delete
  2. Ditto : ) I haven't even put up a blog post in over a month. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, but when you do post something, it will probably be a wardrobe for your whole family :P

      Delete
  3. Hahaha -loved this! Couple of hints: 1) throw out the mending/alterations. Not a good use of your talents. ;-) 2) make a cardboard template of a basic top and slim skirt that has been tuned to fit you perfectly, and overlay it on every new pattern you sew with. Should show you if you need to spend time making a sloper or not. I try to avoid it. 3) Buy mini-blinds.

    Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I have some beautiful things that I made when I was a bit bigger around the middle, so I'd rather not toss them when I can get a little more life out of them. i.e. my brown and gold shwe shwe Hollyburn rides down on my hips, when I'd really rather a nice tight waistband. Shouldn't be too long an alteration, but you know how it goes....

      Delete
  4. Oh man, the mending pile, and the curtains. My bedroom curtains have needed hemming in the worst way for a couple years now, I just don't want to take them down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Mine have been unhemmed for 3 years. I win! Oh wait....

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...